Open Aromatic Duck Salad
This is basically an adaptation of the classic aromatic duck and pancake dish which is available at most Chinese restaurants. It’s one of my favourite dishes and is so simple to produce. The tender crispy duck goes well with the fresh raw vegetables and tangy Asian dressing.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- Bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Before you start, put the duck in a roasting tin (you can stick the breast on a wire wrack, this way the fat will drip) and place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 or until heated through.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the ingredients for the dressing. Add the carrot, cucumber, cabbage and spring onions, and toss to combine.
- Take the duck out of the oven, slice thinly and add to the salad. Serve straightaway.