Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 500g strong whole flour
- 15g fresh yeast
- 225g warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil & more for greasing
- 10g salt
- For the salamoia
- 65g water
- 65g extra virgin olive oil
- 25g sea salt
- For the topping
- Small handful rosemary sprigs
- Small handful olives
- Pre heat oven to 220 C
- In a bowl, mix together the flour & salt
- Separately mix together the yeast, water & olive oil
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and work together until a dough has formed
- Rub the surface of the dough with a little olive oil and cover with a damp cloth, leave to rest for 10mins.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled baking tray and rub a little more oil on to the surface, leave for another 10mins.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll very lightly upwards, once only to from the centre to the top of the dough for one
- More from the centre to the bottom, leave for 20mins, the dough should double in size.
- With your fingertips, take dimples in the dough.
- Whisk the salamoia, then past it over the surface and into all the holes, leave for 20mins more.
- Push the olives into the holes and paste the rosemary into the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire Rack.