Caramelised Apples with Cider
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:15-18 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 6 dessert apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 300ml dry cider
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- FryLight® Sunfl ower Oil
- To serve:
- 4 large spoonfuls fat free natural yogurt
- ground cinnamon
- Peel the apple and toss them in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Halve and dip again in lemon juice then cut each half into thick slices, discarding the core, and toss again in lemon juice.
- Put the apples into a large deep, non-stick frying pan with the cider and brandy.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 3-4 minutes until the apples begin to soften slightly but not become mushy (this will depend on variety and age of the apple). Remove apples with a slotted spoon into a bowl.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of the sugar into the pan juices and boil down the liquid until it becomes syrupy, about 5 tbsp.
- Pour into a jug.
- Return the apples to the pan, spray about 15 times with FryLight® then sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- Cook over a high heat, gently turning the apple pieces until golden.
- Divide between 4 serving glasses then pour over the syrup.
- Top with a large spoonful of yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.