Chicken Tikka Masala
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- FryLight® Sunfl ower Oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 or 2 green chillies, split lengthways
- 150g reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400g cooked chicken breast fi llet in tikka style
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Spray a non-stick frying pan 10 times with FryLight® then heat up and add the ginger and garlic and cook over a medium low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and sugar, then allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until thick and pulpy.
- Press through a sieve into a bowl to make a thick smooth purée.
- Add the spices (except garam masala) with 6 tbsp water and stir over a low heat for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock and chilli and bring to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Whisk in the yogurt and garam masala and when smooth, add the chicken, cook gently for 5 minutes, season with a little salt if needed.
- Scatter over the coriander leaves before serving.