Turkey Korma Kebabs
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- FryLight® Sunfl ower Oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 100 ml water or chicken stock
- Put the garlic and the spices into a glass bowl and stir together.
- Break the coconut into the hot liquid and stir until dissolved then pour into the bowl and stir well, when cool add the yogurt and a little salt.
- Cut the turkey into 3cm chunks then add to the mixture and fold together.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the peeled onions into quarters and remove the two inside leaves which can be chopped and used in another recipe.
- Thread the onion pieces and turkey onto the skewers.
- Heat either a grill or griddle pan.
- Spray each skewer about three times with FryLight®, place on a foil lined grill pan or place on the griddle, sprayed side down to cook over a medium heat about 6 minutes.
- From the grill, turn the kebabs and re-spray or spray the kebabs in the griddle pan and then turn over and continue to cook a further 5 minutes until the turkey is cooked through.
- Serve with a fresh tomato and onion salsa and cucumber raita if wished.