Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:8 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 4 x 150g fillet steaks
- FryLight® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained watercress
- Season the steaks and spray each one twice with FryLight® on both sides.
- Spray a medium frying pan, spray 6 times with FryLight® then add the chopped garlic, place over a high heat for 30 seconds to release the aroma, then add the tomatoes, oregano and sugar and bring to simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes while cooking the steaks.
- Heat a heavy frying pan or cast-iron griddle over a high heat.
- When hot add the steaks, reduce the heat to medium high and cook on each side for 2 minutes for medium rare or a little longer if preferred.
- Stir the capers into the sauce then spoon onto warm plates.
- Top with the steaks and serve garnished with sprigs of watercress.