Turkey with Creamy Mushrooms
Preparation Time:12 minutes plus 1 hr marinating time
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 450g thinly cut turkey steaks (escalopes)
- FryLight® Sunfl ower Oil
- 1 small onion, fi nely chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 200ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 125g extra light soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Season the turkey and heat the oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan 10 times with FryLight® and gently warm up.
- Then add two of the turkey portions if they are thin and large, add all if they are slightly thicker and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (depending on their thickness) over a high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove and transfer to the oven to keep warm.
- Re-spray the pan with FryLight® and cook the other two turkey steaks in the same way if needed.
- Spray the pan 10 times with FryLight®, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, stirring until lightly browned.
- Pour in the stock and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add the soft cheese and stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Transfer the turkey to serving plates, add any juices to the sauce in the pan then spoon over the creamy mushrooms.
- Scatter with chopped parsley if wished.