Mediterranean Chicken Burgers
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 450g minced chicken or
- 4 breast fillets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 tsp sun dried tomato paste
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 egg white
- FryLight® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 shallot, fi nely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and fi nely chopped
- Lemon juice to taste.
- If using chicken breasts cut into chunks. Place in a food processor and chop for about 30 seconds.
- Be careful not to process too finely.
- Put the minced chicken into a bowl with garlic. Grate the lemon zest and add with the sun-dried tomato paste, basil and egg white.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Squeeze the lemon and put the juice aside. Form the mixture into 8 burger shapes.
- Place foil on a grill rack and spray with FryLight®.
- Place the burgers on the foil and spray each with FryLight®.
- Cook under a medium hot grill for 5 – 6 minutes on each side. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the relish.
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding enough juice to moisten.
- Flavour and season with salt and pepper. Variation: Turkey also works well with this recipe and is lower in fat and calories than chicken.