Crusty Fish Pie
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:16 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Medium
- 500g skinless boneless
- white fish fillets
- 115g cooked peeled prawns
- 75g frozen peas
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- FryLight® Sunflower Oil or FryLight® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml fish or vegetable stock (cube)
- 300ml pint semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tsp cornfl our
- 1 bunch watercress, washed chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
- Cut the fi sh into chunks and place in an ovenproof dish, about 1.4 litres/2.5 pints capacity. Scatter over the prawns and peas.
- Spray a frying pan 5 times with FryLight® and heat up to mediumheat.
- Add the celery and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend the cornflour with a little milk, add to the pan with the rest of the milk and bring to simmer, stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped watercress.
- Season if needed then pour over the fish, fork through lightly.
- Cut the bread into chunks, place on a plate and spray 12 times with FryLight®.
- Scatter over the fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until the topping is crisp.
- Variation: add 2 heaped teaspoons or freshly chopped parsley or dill instead of the watercress