Classic Stir Fry brought to you by Fry Light
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:20-25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- FryLight® Extra Virgin OliveOil or FryLight® Sunflower Oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 5 large vine-ripe tomatoes, diced
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- Warm a large non-stick sauté pan, spray 12 times with FryLight® then add the onion, increase the heat up to medium-high and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peppers and courgettes, spray 5 times with FryLight® and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until beginning to colour.
- Add the tomatoes, the stock and tomato purée and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time until the tomatoes have become pulpy and the sauce has reduced a little.
- Stir in the basil and season if needed.
- Serve with couscous or boiled wholegrain rice.