Broccoli & Cauliflower Bake
A delicious, healthy main course brought to you by Fry Light
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:20-25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- FryLight® Sunfl ower Oil
- 175g whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 small cauliflower
- 350g/12oz broccoli florets
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 30g cornflour
- 750ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder eg Marigold
- 50g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese
- 50g fresh wholemeal bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
- Break the spaghetti into short lengths then cook in a large pan of boiling, slightly salted water for 7 minutes.
- Place a steamer over the pan and steam the cauliflower and broccoli fl orets then remove the vegetables.
- Continue to cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain the pasta.
- Spray an ovenproof baking dish about 6 times with FryLight® then evenly spread the spaghetti in the bottom.
- Top with the broccoli, caulifl ower, then scatter with spring onions, place knobs of ricotta in the gaps.
- Blend the cornfl our with a little of the milk in a non-stick pan, add the rest of the milk, then bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Sprinkle in the vegetable stock powder and reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese then pour over the vegetables.
- Scatter over the breadcrumbs, spray evenly with FryLight® approx 12 times then bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the dish is bubbling and the crumbs are crisp.