Chicken with Lemon and Thyme
Another simple and delicious meal from Filippo Berio.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:55 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 4 whole chicken legs or 8 chicken pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 6 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 large lemon, thickly sliced
- For the sauce:
- 200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock
- 120ml (4fl oz) dry white wine
- 20 black olives, stoned
- Flat leaved parsley, freshly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC/400oF or Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the chicken legs in at the joints and cut away as much visible fat as possible. In a large bowl, mix the oil, garlic, about a tablespoon of leaves from the thyme, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken pieces and coat well with the mixture.Transfer to a roasting tin.
- Place the lemon slices on top and roast for 30 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and wine over, add olives and continue to roast a further 20 minutes. Lift the chicken pieces onto warmed plates, place the roasting tin on the stove and boil rapidly to reduce the juices a little.
- Pour the juices over the chicken and scatter the chopped parsley on top.