Biscotti della Buca
Perfect with coffee and easy to make.
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:30-35 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 50g (2oz) pine nuts
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 50g (2oz) raisins
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- For the sauce:
- 11/2 tsp Italian baking powder (see tip)
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75ml Vin Santo or other dessert wine (5 tbsp)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C/350°F) or Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Roughly grind the pine nuts in a food processor. Place in a large bowl with the flour, raisins, sugar and baking powder. Mix the oil and wine together then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix to a firm dough.
- Divide the mixture into about 20 walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray, a little bit apart. Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container. Serve with Vin Santo.