Classic Pesto Sauce
Pesto is great with pasta, spread on sandwiches and even great as a dip, why not make your own tasty pesto sauce.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:2 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- For the base:
- 150ml (1/4pt) Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 40g (11/2oz) basil leaves
- 50g (2oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the pine nuts and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then leave to cool.
- Place the pine nut and garlic mixture in a food processor together with the remaining ingredients. Blend slowly until thick but not too smooth.
- Season to taste. Serve tossed into fresh cooked pasta. Can be stored in a screw-top jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.