Saffron Potato Topped Cod
Cod fish topped with saffron and onion mashed potatoes.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan200C/425F/gas 7.
- Cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces and cook in lightly salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the spring onions and cook in the oil for 2-3 minutes to soften. Warm the milk and add the saffron threads, set aside to soak.
- Drain the potatoes and mash in the saucepan, strain the milk into the pan and add the spring onions and oil. Season with salt and pepper and beat together.
- Place the cod portions on an oiled roasting tin, season then spread the potato over the top of each.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until the fish is tender and the potato is golden. Serve with green vegetables.