Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with onions, garlic, chili and ginger.
Preparation Time:25 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Average
- • Small bunch coriander, trim off stalks
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan180C/400F/gas 6. Cut thebutternut squash in half, discard seeds and then chop into largechunks. Place on a roasting tray and drizzle with a tbsp of theoil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large pan, add theonion and carrot and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in thegarlic, chilli and ginger and cook 5 minutes more, stirring.Add the potatoes and stock, bring to simmer, cover the pan andcook 15 minutes.
- Put coriander leaves into a food processor or blender, addthe oil and blend until finely chopped, scoop out into a bowland wash the appliance.
- Add roasted squash to the pan and simmer gently for 10minutes. Cool slightly before pureeing the soup in batches,season to taste.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls then drizzle the coriander oilover each serving.