Tuscan Bean and Potato Soup
Tuscan Bean vegetable and Potato Soup
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large pan, add the choppedvegetables (except tomatoes) and allow them to soften overa medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cook for a further 10 minutes,stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans, put three-quarters ofthem into a food processor with 300ml (1 pint) of the stock.Blend until the texture is a coarse puree.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1cm dice. Add to the pan withthe remaining stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the pureed beans and reserved cannellini beans andsimmer for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Season if needed and stir in the parsley. Ladle into bowlsdrizzle over the rest of the oil and scatter over some gratedParmesan cheese if wished.