Baked chicken with potatoes and red onions
Baked chicken marinaded in white wine, with potatoes and red onions. Ideally served with green beans, spinach or broccoli.
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Average
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ Fan 180°C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the chicken thighs into large chunks. Heat a large flameproof dish with 3 tbsp of the oil. Add the chicken and cook over a medium heat 4-5 mins, turning until lightly browned.
- Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the remaining oil, the potato chunks and onions. Stir, so all the ingredients are coated in olive oil, pour over the stock. Chop about 1 tsp of rosemary spikes then scatter over the dish, adding a little salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 20 mins, turn the ingredients over and bake a further 20 mins. Add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary to garnish.
- Serve with a green vegetable such as broccoli, spinach or green beans.