Fennel and Orange Salad
Another delicious summer salad from Filippo Berio.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:0 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 large oranges
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 75g (3oz) small baby spinach leaves
- Peel the oranges, removing as much pith as possible, then segment them over a bowl to catch the juices.
- Trim the fennel, reserving the fronds, and cut into thin strips. Place the orange segments, fennel and onion into a bowl, add the washed spinach leaves and chopped fennel fronds, toss together.
- Whisk the olive oil and reserved orange juice with a little seasoning, add to the salad. Toss again, then scatter over the chopped parsley.
- Divide between four shallow bowls and serve.