CRAMBERIES FRUITS LOAF
A perfect festive treat
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:55 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 3 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 500g plain flour, sifted
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 350ml whole milk
- 200g fresh (or frozen and thawed) cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 100g mixed dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Grease and baseline a deep, 2-litre loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs, milk and butter in another bowl, then fold into the dry ingredients, followed by the fruit and nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- serve toasted with butter and honey .....yum yum