CHRISTMAS EGGNOG TRIFFLE
Celebrate Christmas with this fab Eggnog Triffle
Preparation Time: 30 minutes + 30 minutes to chill
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 350g mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries and cranberries (or use frozen fruits of the forest berries, thawed and drained), plus extra to decorate
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp Grand Marnier or any brandy
- 12 soft amaretti biscuits
- 6 tbsp berry compote (we like Bonne Maman Berries and Cherries)
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g caster sugar
- For the eggnog custard
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp advocaat liqueur
- 1. Stir the berries, icing sugar and Grand Marnier or brandy together in a bowl. Macerate for 20 minutes.
- 2. Divide the amaretti biscuits between 6 glasses. Top each with 1 tablespoon of compote, then spoon in half the mixed berries.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the mascarpone and sugar together. Spoon this over the fruit, then chill for 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, make the eggnog custard. Put the milk in a pan and heat but do not boil. Put the egg yolks, cornflour and sugar in a bowl and beat together well. Pour the milk over the egg mixture and whisk until well combined. Return to the pan.
- 5. Stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens, but do not boil. Pour into a bowl and stir in the advocaat and vanilla. Put a piece of baking paper on the surface to prevent a skin forming. Cool.
- 6. Spoon the custard over the mascarpone and top with the remaining berries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.