Easy dessert, Cornflake Tart!
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:45 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3.
- Make the crust first. In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together, then mix in the cornflakes and the melted butter. Fill the base and sides of a 25cm square dish with the cornflake mixture. Set aside.
- Now make the filling. Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl, then add enough of the milk to make a smooth paste. Set aside. Heat the rest of the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Gradually pour the hot milk into the flour paste, whisking constantly.
- Transfer the milk mixture back into the saucepan and add the butter. Whisk constantly over a low heat until the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool, laying a sheet of cllingfilm on the surface to prevent a skin forming.
- Once the mixture reaches room temperature, beat the egg yolks lightly and whisk them into the batter. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl and fold into the batter. Pour into the prepared cornflake crust and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until set. Serve warm or cold.