Chocolate and Cola Cake
Use your left over Cola with this easy Chocolate and Cola Cake!
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:40 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease and line 2 x 20cm sponge cake tins.
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking soda. Mix well with the sugar and set aside.
- Heat the butter with the cola, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts.
- Gradually add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring gently until smoothly blended.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla and beaten eggs. Mix until smooth. Turn the batter into the prepared tins. Please note that it is a very liquid batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until cooked through and slightly shrunken from the sides of the tins.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make the icing, sieve the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Heat the butter and cola over a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Gradually stir into the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Use as a filling and/or icing for the cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds.