A great family favourite!
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:90 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- A knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 onions, quartered and sliced thickly
- 8 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 6 streaky rashers (smoked or green – we use Gubbeen bacon)
- 1kg lean Stewing beef, in decent sized hunks.
- 6 rooster potatoes, quartered.
- 1 glass of red wine (for cooking!)
- 1 good squeeze of tomato puree or one tin of tomatoes
- Salt, pepper & sugar
- 1 pint beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of mixed herbs (any of parsley, sage, rosemary or thyme)