The famous winter warmer!
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:90 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into hunks
- 6 spuds, peeled and quartered
- 2-3 onions, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 stick celery, sliced (OPTIONAL)
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 pint of stock, lamb or chicken or just water will do.
- Roux: 1 table spoon of flour & A knob of butter.
- Parsley and thyme.
- Bay leaf.
- *Roux. To make roux, melt equal weights of cream flour and butter in a pot and cook on a low heat for about two minutes until there is no longer a flavour of raw flour. To use: Whisk into a boiling liquid bit by bit until sauce reaches desired thickness.