Lamb & Olive Meatballs
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:10-15 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 1 (500g) pack lean lamb mince
- 2 slices brown bread
- 50g/2oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 225g/8oz drained pitted black olives
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/5ml/1/2tsp dried chilli flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (350g) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- Place the mince, bread, cheese, half the olives, coriander, egg yolk, cinnamon and chilli in a food processor with plenty of salt and ground black pepper.
- Blend on pulse until well mixed. Divide the mixture into about 24, then use wet hands to shape each into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the meatballs and fry over a high heat for 8-10 mins, shaking the pan to turn the meatballs until browned all over.
- Add the pasta sauce and olives then cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with lemon and parsley couscous
- For lemon and parsley couscous, place 225g/8oz couscous in a large bowl.
- Pour over 600ml/1pt boiling water from the kettle, add plenty of salt and ground black pepper, 30ml/3tbp olive oil, grated zest and juice 1 lemon and 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley.
- Stir well, then cover the bowl with a plate and leave to soak for 5-10 mins or until the liquid has all been absorbed.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and serve.
- If you don’t have a food processor, crumble the bread with your fingers to make crumbs and finely chop half the olives.
- Mix the mince, bread and olives with the other ingredients and continue as above.