Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:10-15 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
- 30ml/2tbsp tomato puree
- 100g/4oz drained pitted black olives
- 1 (50g) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 25g/1oz capers in brine, drained and chopped
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp dried chilli flakes
- 350g/12oz spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 mins or until soft. Add the tomatoes, puree, olives, anchovies, capers and chilli and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 mins.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8-10mins or until just tender. Drain.
- 3. Remove the lid and simmer the sauce for a further 3 mins or until thickened and reduced. Season to taste. Toss the sauce into the pasta and serve.