Roasted Herb-Crusted Mussels
I see this old-fashioned recipe on menus right across Europe. It’s a classic – like a good black dress, it never goes out of fashion and never lets you down. The butter and herbs gently coating the mussels make a little velvet cushion that melts once it reaches your mouth.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- Preheat the oven to 220c
- Place the mussels in a large pan with the white wine, cover and cook over a high heat until the mussels have opened, about 5 minutes.
- Once all the mussels have opened, drain the liquid, discard one side of the shells and arrange the mussels in their half shells on a baking tray. Make the topping while the mussels are cooling.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the herb butterinto all the shells and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Roast in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are golden.