Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:45 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 large chicken thighs
- 1 large onion finely sliced
- 1 tbsp curry paste (hot if you like it spicy, mild for tamer curries)
- 350g easy-cook, long grain rice
- 700ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g raisins
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- 1. Heat the oil in a large casserole and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down, for 8-10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
- 2. Tip in the onion and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- 3. Stir in the curry paste and cook for a two minutes more.
- 4. Then stir in the rice and pour over the stock.
- 5. Bring the stock to the boil.
- 6. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- 7. Stir in the peas, almonds and raisins. Leave the rice to stand for five minutes before serving.