Chicken Noodle Soup
A delicious fragrant soup perfect for summer entertaining.
Preparation Time:20 minutes
Cooking Time:30 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 4 tbsps curry powder
- 675ml chicken stock
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 225ml water
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, the outer leaves discarded, ends trimmed, and 5 inches of the lower stalks minced
- 10 thin slices of peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 450g chicken breasts
- 250g vermicelli
- 6 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsps Nam Pla (fish sauce)
- 1 large sprig of fresh coriander, chopped
- While the chicken is cooling, cook the noodles as per the packs instruction. Then drain the noodles in a colander, rinse them under cold water, and drain them well.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir it into the poaching mixture with the lime juice and the fish sauce. Cook the soup over moderate heat, stirring, until it is hot, divide the noodles among 6 to 8 bowls, and ladle the soup over them. Sprinkle the soup with the coriander.