Salmon fishcakes are a classic for a good reason; they're easy to make, satisfying to eat and taste delicious
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Easy
- 250g cooked potato (approx 250g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 20g sliced spring onion
- 35g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 250g raw salmon cut into small cubes
- 60g fresh breadcrumbs or 15 g dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- (100g dried breadcrumbs for coating)
- Sunflower oil for frying the fish cakes
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Put the chunks of potato into a pan. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool down.
- Mix together with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, spring onion, grated Cheddar and ketchup and roughly mash using a potato masher. Mix in the salmon cubes and breadcrumbs and season to taste.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into about 8 fish cakes. Coat in the dried breadcrumbs. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through until golden on both sides.
- To make the dip simply mix together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.