Chocolate Mousse cake
A Chocolate Lovers Dream
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:45 minutes
Level of Difficulty:Advanced
- 350gr best dark chocolate
- 175gr unsalted butter
- 8 large eggs separated
- 200gr caster sugar
- 1 tblsp vanilla extract
- 28cm tin
- Preheat steam oven to 160C, humidity 80%
- Conventional oven to 170 AND COOK IN A BAIN MARIE
- 1. Line the base of tin with bakewell paper.
- 2. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave or double burner.
- 3. Beat the egg yolks and sugars until thick and ribbony in another bowl.
- 4. Stir in the vanilla and then the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 5. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl to soft peak stage.
- 6. Lighten the chocolate mixture with a bit of the egg white and then gently fold in the rest of them.
- 7. Pour the cake batter into the tin. Bake in the steam oven or oven for 45 minutes.
- 8. When it is cooked it will look like an eruption. Allow to cool in the tin and then turn upside down and remove the bakewell paper.
- 9. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream and perhaps a few raspberries.